Thursday, December 14, 2017

5:00 AM Film Inspirations and Ideas.

If you're like me, you write your own stuff.  Your own stories and your own scripts.  Well, the world around you sort of helps.  It inspires you.  Also, if you're like me and many other "creatives", inspiration can hit at the oddest times.

I fell asleep early last night.  Winter always puts my sleep schedule off if I'm not terribly busy doing other things, which is one reason I live in the South.  So, I also woke up early.  I checked my Facebook before making coffee and a friend's post was asking for "Christmas Posts".  Trees (still decorating ours), Movie Downloads ( I don't do the pirate thing with movies for obvious reasons ) and cheerful MEMEs.  It reminded me of a video I did a few years back of Santa fighting zombies as a way to explain to why gifts to my family were going to be late that year.  In reality, it was because I was filming something, I think.  Anyway, I thought it was funny, but it's a bit specific to my family and dated, so I thought it wouldn't do, but I had always wanted to expand on that idea.  And so,  a new video idea emerged.



Of course, it's just a rough idea, so maybe a two minute video?  A very short, short.  And now I am left trying to keep it this way.  Working on keeping the idea simple.  Something I can shoot at home, with costumes I already have, my wife on camera and just me in front of the camera.  Very few lines, because when posting a short to Amazon Video Direct, the less lines you need to caption, the better. I have been learning this the hard way with "The Simplest Things".  Having a Narrator spell everything out makes for a lot of typing later.

So, hopefully that 5 AM inspiration will be this evening's shoot because it's a holiday movie and needs to be online as soon as possible.  YouTube will post it as soon as it's finished, but Amazon will take two to four days from the day of posting and this being a Thursday that can mean six or seven days because they don't count weekends, holidays or the actual first day that you post it.

There will likely be no movie review today.  I didn't get to finish watching the indie I was watching  yesterday, but we did get some other blogs up and I'll share the title of the movie I started watching over at Indie Streams, so you can give it a watch for yourself.

New Inside HFP video also coming later today on our YouTube Channel and probably a holiday short there by the weekend.

We did get it done!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, with my wife's help, and minimum interruptions from my dog, we did get the movie shot, edited and posted the same day. Two days later I finished submitting it to Amazon Video Direct. The added photo in the blog was a result of having to make "artwork" for Prime. It will also be up there as "Free with Pre-roll Ads". It may not hit until Dec 22nd though, so right now we're sharing the YouTube link.
    But, if you can wait, look for it here and watch it at your Christmas Weekend parties.
    http://www.amazon.com/v/hocushocusproductions

    ReplyDelete