Thursday, June 7, 2018

I Admit It. I'm a Bit of a Cheap B*st*rd

There is a line in "Jack vs Lanterns" which has Jennifer Wenger's character, Jody, shouting at Jack that he's a "cheap bastard!"  When coming up with my first sale gimmick for the DVD-R of the movie, I decided to capitalize on this line, much like I did with "Stopped Dead" and Joel D. Wynkoop's recurring line that "There's a bathroom on the RV" and the "Alien Vengeance" trailer tagline, "...and Tentacles!"

I had the covers for "Lumber vs Jack" professionally printed.  This, of course, meant that buying in bulk brought the cost down.  It also left me with quite a few printed covers and posters (had them done at the same time) left over.  Once a movie is out for awhile sales shift from my website to Amazon and other platforms.  In fact, as a time saving device, I generally let DVD sales, except when I have a promotion going on, re-direct to CreateSpace or Amazon in order to save me from having to do print  on demand from my home office.  I save those DVD-Rs for appearances, which I don't do many of after a movie's first year out.

Being the "cheap bastard" that I am, I hate to waste the covers, even if they were less expensive because of how many I bought.  I also want to make sure that as many people as possible who watch "Jack vs Lanterns" do so after having seen "Lumber vs Jack".  I think the movie can stand on its own, but some of the jokes are going to land better if they have seen the first movie.

So, using that catchy line, the idea of giving away something for free, saving myself and my buyers on shipping and using the old cases to sell new product, I came up with the "Cheap Bastard Pack!"


Both features, all of their extras on two DVD-Rs, in one case for the price of one.
Available just by ordering "Lumber vs Jack" from the website while supplies last.
http://www.hocfocprod.com/lumbervsjack










No comments:

Post a Comment