Thursday, February 9, 2012

So, this is an old movie, but....

I did this short a few years ago, partially because we had finally gotten an HD Camera and I wanted to do something relatively simple to test it out.  Since then we used that camera on half a dozen features and now shoot on something much more sophisticated.  I also wanted to give my friend, Joel D. Wynkoop, a role he could sink his teeth into a bit more.  Joel had done quite a bit of acting for me before this, but the movies were always a bit tongue in cheek and he and I played the humor a bit over the top and self aware.  I knew he could do more dramatic stuff and had done it with other people.  I figured it was time I wrote a more serious role for him.

What brought this movie back to the surface for me is the short story I listed a paragraph from below.  The werewolf, the isolation, the father-child dynamic all come into play in "Shelter", although they play out very differently.

So, enjoy, for your viewing pleasure, "Shelter", starring Joel D. Wynkoop and Nicola Fiore.

No comments:

Post a Comment