Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cover page and all that jazz

When you start to put the actual book together, you realize that there are all of these little features in "real books" that you take for granted.  These little touches, like layout and a title page, usually fall to other people, who work for the publisher.  When self publishing, those other people just become you on a different day.

So, I recently dropped in a simple title page to our book.

You haven't seen the cover yet, but I think the title page sort of makes sense on its own and it definitely works with the illustrations within the book.

I'm no artist, I couldn't afford one and I wasn't going to impose upon my friends for this project.  Keeping that in mind, I wanted to do something simple.  I'm also keeping the entire interior of the book black and white on white pages to control the cost to the buyer and so that it will work well even on older ereaders.

With all of that explanation, here it is, the title page to "Off the Rails and Other Tales."


(c) 2012 Jason L. Liquori

2 comments: