Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Well, the fun part is over

So, the five short stories are written, re-written, edited and edited again.  The photos for the cover (some that you've been teased with) are shot, tweaked, and laid out into what I think you'll find is a pretty cool cover.  The "self-publishing" company is chosen and now the fun parts, the creative parts, are over.  The technical parts are just beginning.

The book needs to be laid out.  It's a pretty short book, but switching from the format I created it in to the format the printer needs, software wise, causes some unexpected changes.  It also needs specific boarders different from those you'd use to submit a book,  I have to create a table of contents to make it easier to navigate, but until I have the foreword or introduction or both or neither, I won't really know what pages things land on, unless I insert those BEFORE the contents.  I guess I can do that.

Will I put in illustrations?  Not sure if I can with the software I'll be using and I want to keep the page count to a place that the book won't be insanely expensive for the readers.  So, I'd like to have some simple illustrations because basically I'm a big a kid at heart, but I don't want anyone to have to pay for them.

I was really hoping to release the book in March, well, back in January I would have liked to have it done then, but I want to release something you'll all want to read, share and pass along.

So, as much as I hate the registering, paperwork and file working an reworking, I'll do it to present this book, that was supposed to be "easier" than making the stories into movies, to you in the best way I can.

Stick around.  It's going to be a bumpy ride.

P.S. To top it off, my two main desktops are both acting up and I think my Internet connection is going through slow downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment