Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Quick look at cheap lights.

 Saw a light at Dollar Tree.  It's a little LED, but pretty bright and it reads as "white" on camera.  The demo shots of my face aren't the best because the exposure was set when I wasn't in the shot.  I could have opened it up a bit more, but you can see from six feet away that it does cast light and in a fairly small, controlled area.  I think as a practical light within a shot, it's a handy tool to have.

For someone like me who works with miniatures quite often, it's going to be even more useful.  I am probably picking up at least one more.  Small lights making lighting set ups for miniatures very intuitive as everything is "to scale".

Anyway, here is a video on it.  Check out the skeleton at the end.  You can see through his rib cage pretty cleanly on the blue screen matte and shot on a 15 year old Sanyo Xacti.




No comments:

Post a Comment