Friday, December 20, 2019

Be ready to Strike

I did a blog video on this subject a few years ago and I'm reposting here and revisiting the idea because I'm going to the "opportunity" well again.

While casting for a short I really wanted to do before Christmas things went wrong.  A planned shoot.  One I wrote for, bought props for and have a location for just didn't gel in time.  But, I met some new actors and they WANT to work.  I want to work with them, so I'm going forward with a different short until I get the planned project together.

Now that I am doing Real Estate with Nancy full time, my free time is even less than it was before.  This time of year, however, things slow down at the rental cabin.  That leaves me a bit of extra time AND an empty house as a location.  Throw two available actors into the mix and a couple of monster props I came across while doing my winter storage rearrangement in my studio and I have the makings for a short flick.  So, I'm going to make one.

Meanwhile I'll get to work with new talent.  They can get a feel for my style.  We all get new stuff for our reels and we can go into the other shoot with a bit more prep time.

I feel so much better when I'm behind a camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment