Monday, March 12, 2012

Books, movies and shows, oh my!

So, the e-version of the book, Off the Rails and Other Tales has been availabel for a few days now and I'm hoping to get some feedback and reviews soon.  Meanwhile I'm getting ready for a casting in 11 days that will launch us into production of several shorts and two features.  I'm trying to decide what will be my next book (why wait for this one to be successful?  It will be and then I'll be able to hit the ground running.)  Also, a movie I exec produced is out on DVD and I want the world to know about that.

Meanwhile, I have 3 episodes of the The Simplest Things left to finish to round out season 2, several more Johnny Pitchman's to shoot and some CGM interviews to move on with.  The trouble with a lot of this is continuing to promote when cross promoting is becoming more and more difficult.  Cult Goddess Magazine leaves the door open to promote many projects, but the movies and books don't currently intersect.  Some of our shows our comedies now and some horror.  Most cross over at sci-fi, but do comedy audiences want to be scared?  Do people who watch Z-movies read?  Books I mean. 

I'm going to have to start making a promotional schedule.  So, when should I promote comedy, sci-fi and scary stuff?  Who is going to cons and wants to give stuff out?  Anybody have a horror related business and want to do the flip side of some bookmarks or mini-posters?

You guys are my cheerleaders.  My front line.  Tell your friends, enemies and strangers on the street about our website and they can find the rest from there.

http://www.hocfocprod.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment