Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Online Premeire!

"The Weird World of HFP" has been online for a few weeks now, but those of you have been watching knowing that it is a show within a show.  Sort of a random collection of what I'm working on at the moment.  A testing ground for new ideas and an archive for old ones.  This is partly so that I can keep bringing you new shows every week and partly due to the way the blip.tv, or current online host works.  Each show should have it's own place on a new channel soon, but some of this I couldn't wait to get out there.

Last week Nancy and I shot this first episode of "The Simplest Things".  I based it on a short film, "Alien Doors", which I made awhile back and which will be retooled as episode two.  There is an earlier blog about it's production. 

An unestablished web series has little chance of making "big money" and with other movies to produce time and budget on this one were severely limited.  You may recognize the helicopter background from "Alien Vengeance" is reused here and when "File Error" is finished this year much of the bridge of this ship will be used as parts of the lab.  Being a comedy (although maybe a bit dark for old Jethro) I felt cartoonish retro F/X would be best...and easiest.

It wasn't easy sitting on my newest production for over a week.  (I'm not a terribly patient man.) I almost unveiled it last night, but the weather here conspired against me having a safe enough connection to the internet for the amount of time needed.

Here is the first episode of "The Simplest Things".  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment